- KeymasterMember since: 19th September 2017
– Further server/networking optimisation to improve server performance and stability. We have effectively eliminated over 95% of our crashes. We’ll be continuing to monitor our servers over the coming days ahead and tackle more events. Consequently, we will be turning our primary attention to data transfer issues and connection issues.
– Reduced Ship of the Damned targeting range by 50%. We’re going to look into scaling that based on the type of ship.
– Further server/networking optimisation to improve server performance, stability, and connection issues.
– Further tweaks made to Ship of the Damned should no longer wander close to shore, however they may chase you.
– Shipyards are now properly tagged on the server side, so enemy players will not be able to demo them unless the decay timer has truly hit 0 on the server.
– Improvements made to -lowmemorymode to use async loading, resulting in less freezy load times.
– Added -nosound launch command
– Added -noinlinestreamer launch command
– Server-side crash fixes and stability improvements. Resulting in approximately 40% more stable servers, with additional changes to come!
– Reduced Army of the Damned ships spawn rate by 60%
– Reduced Army of the Damned ship HP per level scaling by 20%
– Reduced Army of the Damned ship Aggro range by 10%
– Boosted Army of the Damned ship loot quality by 10%
– Reduced Flotsam spawn rate by 35%
– Increased Treasuremap item quality by 15%
– Eliminated at-sea increased rate of vitamin/vitals consumption. Now it just causes food to spoil faster, and temperatures to drop.
– Increased vitamin equilibrium range to +/- 20% rather than 10% (making it easier to achieve and stay in equilibrium)
– Decreased vitamin deficiency debuff threshold to 10% rather than 20%
– Reduced base rate of vitamin consumption by 2%
– Ensured army of the damned ships spawn farther away from shore, and don’t spawn too near player ships
– Fixed Diving Platform to take any oils, not just blubber
– Changed Lighthouse HP to 25k, gave it stone structure settings, and allow it to burn oil
– Vultures will no longer erroneously target players they can’t hit
– Army of the Damned Ships will no longer initially aggro to drydocked or anchored ships, unless fired upon by them or already targeting them.
– Added one more Skill Point earned by all level-ups above 10 (recommend players Respec)
– Added a new event cosmetic, ‘Top Hat’. Permanent skin with 10 applicable uses. Can be purchased from Cosmetic Vendors in Freeports or Travelling Merchants. From the 27th of December, through til the 2nd of January, wearing this hat whilst digging up treasure will result in double the gold.
– Improved server performance by adjusting server water thread utilization
– Changed declaim period (stealing enemy territory) to 30 minutes from 1.5 hours (requires they have no alive crew or players in the vicinity)
– Removed requirement to be on a boat to steal someone’s boat after placing the claim flag. Adjusted base value times to claim the boats to be 1 one minute to steal a dinghy, 2hrs~ to steal a raft, a couple hours to steal sloop, and so forth (levelling a ship increases the time it takes to steal that ship).
– Rebalanced Skill Point requirements as originally intended, where higher tier skills cost more SP. Forced a one-time ‘free’ respec to use these new values.
– “Low Memory” Launch Option for more reliable <= 8GB OS support. Launch the game with ‘-lowmemorymode’ to utilize this!
– Ship collision damage is now disabled on Freeport servers.
– Alpha creature spawns are now disabled on Freeport and Lawless Servers.
– Item yield and Gold yield from Treasure have been doubled
– Significantly reduced Torch and Fire Arrow Damage
– Fixed a bug which prevented resources from respawning. Please note when this update goes live, it may be a few hours until they naturally start appearing again.
– Diving Attachment now accepts all types of oil
– Increased the damage from Dragon Fire AOE and set it to an 8-hour tame time with the token
– Equilibrium Buff now gives +20% XP, -20% reduced incoming damage, +30 temperature fortitude, +10% movement speed, +20% melee damage, and takes 30 minutes to achieve rather than an hour.
– Fixed a bug which prevented Bottles and Flotsams from spawning
– Fixed a bug ocean and deep ocean spawners, including Mermaids, Whales, Ship of the Damned, and Squids.
– NPC crew that are recruited in Freeport are now correctly assigned to your team.
– Fixed Shovels and Heavy Shields so they no longer damage stone structures
– All freeports now have pirate music in town
– Scuttling is now tied to the demolishing tribe governance setting and Prevent Demolishing Structures in Group Management Settings
– Group ranks now enabled on seating structures, so you’re able to have better control of who is able to use those (Steering Wheel and Lt Podium)
– PvE Claim Flag contesting now displays the enemy Claim Flag’s upkeep time remaining before you can contest it, and provides a proper HUD message to that effect.27th December 2018 at 10:35 am#4602 0
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.